Important Information Regarding COVID-19 and our office policies
We hope that this communication finds you in good health. Our community has been through a lot in the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same at our office: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, California Dental Association, American Association of Endodontists, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendation.
We ask for your understanding as we implement new office procedures when it is time for your appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you within 48 hours before your appointment to ask some COVID -19 screening questions. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive at our office. A member of our team will be here to greet you and ask the screening questions.
• You will find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. We will take and record your temperature upon arrival at our office as a part of the screening process.
• Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
• We may ask you to text us when you arrive so that we can let you know when we are ready to see you at the screening area. We will only see one patient at a time in our screening area.
• You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or reading material. We will further minimize paperwork in our office and conduct as much business as possible through our digital patient management system.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. This is the means we must take to ensure everyone’s safety. We appreciate your understanding.
• We may ask that you wait in the car before / after your screening to control the patient traffic in our office.
• We will do everything possible to make sure you feel safe and welcome in this new environment. We anticipate reopening the first week in June. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our office at 818-992-3355 or [email protected]
James D Beller, DDS
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: